The New Conspirators Live!
The chat room works as a live chat and/or a message board. So even if no one is currently in the thread you’re interested in, leave a note anyway. When people join, they will see it!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: What is OpenID?
- Answer: OpenID is a decentralized single sign-on system. Using OpenID-enabled sites, web users do not need to remember traditional authentication tokens such as username and password. Instead, they… blah blah blah. If you really want to know read wikipedia/OpenID.
- Question: Yeah, but what does that mean?
- Answer: It means, if you use AIM, you can signin to Pibb.
- Question: Do I have to be registered for the conference to participate in The New Conpirators Live?
- Answer: Anyone can participate, and we hope you will!
- Question: What kinds of things will happen in the Channel?
- Answer: You might ask questions for the current speaker; share links related to the topic; answer questions; interact with people both on and off site; it becomes what you make it. One of the nice advantages of having a backchannel to a conference, is that the conversations can begin days before the event and continue long after it’s complete.
- Question: How come something I just typed isn’t showing up?
- Answer: This is a live chat, but it’s run through a web interface, which means there can occassionally be slight delays between when someone types something and when it shows up in the live thread, especially when there are a large number of people on the page. Give it a couple seconds to catch up. If things get really bad, hop over into the Pibb discussion channel, and let them know things are particularly slow.
- Question: How come the question I’m thinking of in my head, isn’t listed here?
- Answer: I’m not sure. But drop dydimustk a note, and he’ll try his darndest to answer you question. (And possibly even share it on the list.)